Water fountains are one of the most beautiful creations in the world, and they can be found in all shapes and sizes. From the grandiose to the understated, these mesmerizing outdoor fountains will take your breath away! We’ve compiled a list of 10 of the most stunning water features from around the globe. Read on and find out which ones made it to our top 10 list!
If you’re looking for a breathtaking addition to your outdoor space, look no further than a stunning fountain. Whether you choose a classic tiered design or a modern water feature, a well-placed fountain can add instant appeal to any outdoor setting.
Fountains come in all shapes and sizes, so finding the perfect one for your space is easy. From grand estate fountains to sleek wall-mounted designs, there’s an outdoor fountain to suit every style. And if you’re worried about maintenance, don’t be! Many modern fountains are self-contained and easy to care for, making them the perfect low-maintenance addition to your yard or garden.
So if you’re ready to add some serious wow factor to your outdoor space, check out these mesmerizing outdoor fountains that will take your breath away!
Fountain of Bellagio, Las Vegas
- Fountain of Bellagio, Las Vegas: The iconic fountains of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas are world-famous for their spectacular water displays. Set against the backdrop of the hotel’s magnificent architecture, the fountains dance to a variety of popular songs and classical pieces, making them a must-see attraction on any trip to Vegas.
Grand Cascade at Peter of Palace, St. Petersburg
The Grand Cascade at Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg is one of the most incredible outdoor fountains in the world. This magnificent fountain complex was built in the 18th century by Peter the Great and features over 150 individual fountains and four great cascades. The centerpiece of the Grand Cascade is the Samson Fountain, which depicts the Biblical story of Samson defeating a lion. The water for the Grand Cascade comes from a natural spring and flows down through the fountains into a series of ornate pools. The sound of the water flowing through the fountains is truly mesmerizing, and the whole complex is simply breathtaking. If you are ever in St. Petersburg, be sure to check out the Grand Cascade at Peterhof Palace – it is an experience you will never forget!
Trevi Fountain, Rome
Rome’s Trevi Fountain is one of the most iconic fountains in the world. The magnificent Baroque structure was designed by Nicola Salvi and completed in 1762. It stands 26 meters tall and 49 meters wide, making it the largest fountain in Rome. The fountain’s central figure is Neptune, the Roman god of the sea, who is surrounded by a host of other mythical creatures.
Trevi Fountain is one of Rome’s most popular tourist attractions, and it’s easy to see why. The fountain is simply breathtaking, and its size is truly impressive. If you’re visiting Rome, be sure to make time to see the Trevi Fountain.
Jet d’Eau Fountain, Geneva
The Jet d’Eau fountain in Geneva is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Switzerland. It is located in Lake Geneva and shoots water up to 140 meters (460 feet) into the air. The fountain has been operating since 1951 and is powered by four jet engines. Every second, 500 liters (130 gallons) of water are pumped through the fountain’s nozzles.
Magic Tap in Madrid
- Magic Tap in Madrid: Nestled in the heart of Madrid, the Magic Tap is a must-see for any fountain lover. With its spectacular display of water jets and colorful lights, the Magic Tap is sure to take your breath away.
- The Fountain of Neptune in Bologna: Known as one of the most beautiful fountains in all of Italy, the Fountain of Neptune is a must-see for anyone visiting Bologna. Standing at an impressive 26 meters tall, this grand fountain features an awe-inspiring statue of Neptune atop a magnificent base.
- The Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi in Rome: Located in Rome’s Piazza Navona, the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. Featuring four river gods statues and sixteen dolphins spouting water, this magnificent fountain is truly a sight to behold.
- The Trevi Fountain in Rome: Arguably the most famous fountain in the world, the Trevi Fountain is a must-see for any traveler to Rome.Standing at an impressive 26 meters tall, this baroque masterpiece features a stunning sculpture of Neptune surrounded by sea creatures. Over 3,000 euros are thrown into the fountain each day, making it one of the most popular tourist attractions in all of Rome.
- The Palace Fountain in Caserta: Located just outside of Naples, the Palace Fountain is a stunning display of grandeur and elegance. Featuring golden statues of gods and goddesses atop a magnificent base, the Palace Fountain is sure to leave you breathless with its beauty.
King Fahd’s Fountain, Jeddah
The King Fahd’s Fountain, located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is the tallest fountain in the world. Measuring an impressive 1,024 feet (312 meters), it was constructed in 1985 and named after then-reigning King Fahd. The fountain shoots water up to 823 feet (250 meters) into the air at a speed of 233 kilometers per hour – that’s faster than a Formula One race car! At night, the fountain is illuminated with colorful lights that create a truly magical scene.
Fountain of Wealth, Singapore
Fountain of Wealth, Singapore: The Fountain of Wealth is located in Suntec City, Singapore. It is the world’s largest fountain and is a popular tourist attraction. The fountain is made up of five tiers of cascading waterfalls and has a diameter of 160 metres (520 ft). The water in the fountain represents the five elements of nature – earth, fire, water, wind, and air.
The Fountain of Wealth was built in 1995 and was designed by architect Christopher Lee. It cost S$6 million to build and took two years to construct. The fountain was originally going to be located in front of the Raffles Hotel but was moved to Suntec City due to space constraints.
The Fountain of Wealth is open all year round and is free to enter. Visitors can walk around the base of the fountain or take a boat ride through the centre for a small fee. The best time to visit the fountain is during its nightly light show when it is illuminated with colourful lights and lasers.
Musical Fountains in Barcelona
Few things are as mesmerizing as watching a musical fountain dance to the beat of your favorite song. And there’s no better place to see one of these fountains in action than Barcelona, Spain.
The city is home to some of the most beautiful and intricate fountains in the world, many of which are located in its famed parks and squares. One of the most popular is the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc, which puts on a spectacular show every night during the summer months.
But that’s not all Barcelona has to offer when it comes to musical fountains. Other must-see attractions include the Font Màgica de la Plaza España and the Cascada Fountain in Parc de la Ciutadella.
No matter which fountain you choose to visit, you’re sure to be impressed by the skillful choreography and impressive light shows. So make sure to add a visit to one (or all!) of Barcelona’s musical fountains to your list of things to do while in this vibrant city.
Magic Fountains of Montjuïc, Barcelona
Barcelona is home to many beautiful fountains, but the Magic Fountains of Montjuïc are definitely a must-see. These spectacular fountains put on an incredible light and water show set to music, and are truly mesmerizing. The Magic Fountains are located in front of the National Palace of Montjuïc, and there is also a large esplanade where you can enjoy the show. The best time to see the Magic Fountains is at night, when they are illuminated by hundreds of colorful lights.
Buckingham Fountain, Chicago
One of the most impressive outdoor fountains in the world is the Buckingham Fountain in Chicago. This huge fountain was built in 1927 and has become one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. The fountain features four large lions that shoot water from their mouths, and it is lit up with colorful lights at night. Every summer, the fountain puts on a spectacular show of water, light, and music that is not to be missed.